Friday, October 16, 2015

The Anokha's effect on my college life

Anokha is the annual tech fest held by Amrita university every year. It was held between March 5 and 7th. There was a three day workshop conducted by Mozilla in my college tech fest. As I am pretty much interested in Open Source, I signed up myself for the workshop. The title of the workshop was "Introduction to Firefox OS App Development". During the first two days, they taught us the basics of HTML5, CSS and Javascript. I was pretty much attracted by the way people conducted the workshop. The most awesome thing was Mozilla is not just a browser. They have a lot of other projects and it is one of the most awesome and coolest Open Source organisation I've ever heard about. The community is also pretty cool and are friendly. That was my first intro to Mozilla Firefox. Then a lot of things happened during those two days and I got pretty much into the Mozilla stuff. I signed up for the FSA program and started to know more about Mozilla. That was a turning point in my boring college life.

No comments:

Post a Comment